Understanding Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer is known as carcinoma of the prostate which develops in the prostate. A prostate is a part of the reproductive organ that helps to make ans store the seminal fluid. Considering its location, prostate diseases often affect ejaculation, urination and sometimes defecation.
Sign and Symptoms of prostate Cancer
Signs and symptoms of prostate cancer include:
- Frequent urination
- Blood in the urine and semen
- Trouble urinating (pain when passing urine)
- A sense of not completely emptying the bladder
- Bone pain
All these symptoms can be caused due to a variety of reasons other than prostate cancer, therefore experiencing these symptoms may not necessarily mean you have prostate cancer. However, if these symptoms occur frequently then get a consultation from your doctor.
Effective Treatments for Prostate Cancer
The prostate cancer can be treated with the following options depending on the size and site of cancer, stage of cancer and the extent to which it has spread (metastasis).
1) Hormone Therapy
The cancer cells of prostate are dependent on the male hormone testosterone for their growth and hormone therapy aims to inhibit the production of testosterone which will stop its grow or cause them to die. This therapy includes:
- LH-RH (Luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone) includes leuprolide, goserelin, triptorelin and histrelin that stop the production of testosterone.
- Anti-androgens include bicalutamide, flutamide and nilutamide that will block the testosterone to reach the cancer cells.
It is uses injectable drugs to destroy the fast growing cells. It is the treatment choice for the men whose cancer has advanced to other areas of the body or for men who have not responded well to the hormone therapy.
It comprises of highest intensity energy to destroy the cancerous cells and is delivered in two ways:
- External beam radiation therapy uses radiation is delivered from outside the body. This radiation is focused on prostate gland using the high powered energy beams like protons or the X-ray.
- Brachytherapy in which the radiation is delivered from inside the body. This involves placement of the radioactive seeds which are rice-sized and emits the low dose of radiation for a long period. These seeds are implanted in the prostate using the ultrasound guided needle.
Get The best support From Forerunners Healthcare
1) Company Overview
Forerunners Healthcare is the pioneer in medical tourism industry assisting the patients from abroad who are seeking the low cost medical treatments and surgeries in India. We have association with the best cancer hospitals across India which offers the excellent medical services and care to the patients. This involves screening, diagnosing, staging and treating the prostate cancer. Our team of medical experts and healthcare professionals have been successfully offering treatment which aims to a future with a long and healthy life.
1) Benefits of Prostate Cancer Treatment in India
Getting your prostate cancer treatment in India will have the following benefits:
- Better results
- Fewer complications
- Minimum scarring
- Quick recovery
- Low cost for prostate cancer treatments
- World class infrastructure, state of the art facilities, latest technology, medical equipments at the top cancer hospitals
- Highly qualified and well-trained surgeons, doctors and other medical professionals
- Dedicated and compassionate nurses and hospital support staff
2) Counseling before and after
Over 200 men who have had been treated for prostate cancer in India have received face to face as well as Internet based counselling before and after their medical tour to India. They also had a six-month follow-up about three months after the counselling and have reported improvement in their sexual function as well as satisfaction with sex.
Success Rate of Prostate Cancer Treatment in India
The success rate of prostate cancer treatment in India has been higher. The survival rate for the patients who have had prostate cancer treatments in India with localized disease has been about 74%.
India has been a favorable medical tourism destination for most foreign patients seeking low cost prostate cancer treatments in India. Send us your inquiry to Forerunners Healthcare to seek assistance for getting affordable cost of treatments for prostate cancer in India.
Related Posts :
Is Back Pain is First Symptoms of Prostate Cancer