Laparoscopy is a procedure where a thin, lighted
tube is inserted in your abdomen through a tiny incision. The
Surgeon can look through the laparoscope into your abdominal
and pelvic cavity and can see whether the Uterus, tubes and
ovaries have any pathology.
To the end of the laparoscope is attached a video camera
,which allows us to view and record the image and thus the
terminology Video Laparoscopy.If incase any pathology is found
during diagnostic Laparoscopy, the Doctors prefer to do operative
Laproscopy and corrective action at the same sitting so that
the patient does not have to undergo another surgical procedure.
SOME OF THE COMMON GENERAL SURGERIES AND ENDOSCOPIC
- Laparoscopic/ Open Cholecystectomy for
gall bladder stones.
- Common bile duct (CBD) surgery for common
bile duct stones.
- Open and Laparoscopic inguinal hernia
- Incisional / Umbilical hernia mesh repair.
- Hiatus hernia surgery (open and laparoscopic
- Lateral pancreaticojejunostomy for Chronic
- Head coring surgery for chronic pancreatitis.
- Cystogastrostomy/ cystojejunostomy for
- Surgery for haemorroids(piles)/ fissure/fistula/abscess.
- Surgery for Appendix- open and laparoscopic.
Diagnostic endoscopies for :
- Acid peptic disease
- Colon cancer.