TOP 12 Oncologists and Hospitals in Chennai, India
Cancer is a deadly illness that is taking the world by storm with majority of the human population getting into its infectious clutch. Researchers and statistics have revealed that cancer currently is one of the second leading reasons of global deaths with approximate 8.8 million deaths reported in the year 2015. Adding to the statistics, more than 1790 deaths of children and adolescents due to cancer was reported in the year 2017 and around 70% deaths were from low and middle income groups.
With such a shocking and unbelievable statistics, it is important that we stay attuned to the latest trends in cancer treatment along with having a deep understanding of cancer surgery. The process mainly works to remove the infectious or cancerous tumor and all infected tissues under the guidance of expert cancer specialists or oncologists. The fundamental reasons why cancer surgery is performed include:
- To locate the actual site of cancer within the body.
- To actually diagnose the root cause of cancer.
- To discover the extent of damage cancerous cells has caused in the body.
- To remove infectious tumor from within the body.
- To restore the lost functioning of affected body organs.
Moreover, when talking about the actual treatment, there are many types of cancer surgery. Some of the most common types include:
- Surgical Biopsy : Done by making an incision into the skin to remove the suspicious tissue for diagnostic purpose.
- Palliation : The process works to remove all the side effects caused due to the occurrence of cancer.
- Staging :The process works to have a clear analysis of the size of tumor and the extent to which it has created the damage.
- Tumor Removal : The process is done by making a large incision to remove the cancerous cells from the body and restore the lost functioning of respective body organs.
- Debulking : The process involves removing a portion of the tumor with the consideration that removing it completely can be fatal.
- Reconstruction : The process works after the main surgical procedure of removing the tumor. It involves the process of reconstruction to restore the lost functioning and lost appearance of body organs that occur due to infections caused by tumor.
- Prevention : Preventive surgery is an important type of cancer surgery that works to reduce the risk of getting cancer.
Apart from these common types of cancer, there are some minimally invasive surgeries including laparoscopic surgery, thoracoscopy, laser surgeries, endoscopy, micrographic surgery, and cryosurgery.
Special International Patient Services
Forerunners Healthcare as a medical tourism company has a proud database of national and international patients who have been successful in surviving various types of cancer. From the time of our inception to the future where we strive to go, we ensure that each and every patient who is esteem individual for us, we design a fruitful and memorable journey from being diagnosed for cancer to a perfect cancer cure.
We have patients from all across the world including US, UK, China, Malaysia, Nigeria, Dubai, and many other countries. To ensure high level of comforts in all parameters of providing a successful cancer treatment, we have a host of facilities for all our international patients fighting against cancer. These facilities include:
- Designated relationship officer for each foreign patient to discuss all issues and resolve all queries.
- Multi-cuisine food lounge or facility to meet the taste of each individual.
- Comfortable accommodation facilities with stay in deluxe rooms featured with air conditioner, LED television, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Easy accessibility to international call facilities and video conference facilities.
- Special arrangements for local travel in air-conditioned cabs.
- Complete guidance for getting the medical visa and managing ticket reservations.
Special Packages & Offers
For special attention of our international patients, we come with an exciting package of services along with best treatment facilities, accommodation management, travel arrangements, support to attain medical visa to India, and ensure a comfortable and stress-free stay in Chennai, India.
Whether from Asian Countries, US, UK, or Arab regions, all patients are equally taken care by our expert team of professionals. The average cost of cancer surgery turns out to be Rs 5-6 lakh. This cost includes diagnosis, investigations, radiotherapy, and surgery. This is comparatively much lower when compared to cancer surgeries in other countries of the world. Chennai as a hub of best healthcare facilities have certainly fetched the best cancer treatment technologies from western countries but the price is still India to feed every need of cancer patients across all income groups.