Dr. Atul Ursekar
Qualification: MBBS, DOMS, MS - Ophthalmology
Consultant at: Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
Experience: 35 Years
Dr. Atul Ursekar has had the privelege of excellence of training in Ophthalmology during his Residency training at KEM Hospital and followed by Super-speciality training in Vitreoretinal diseases and Surgery at Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai and Manhattan Eye Ear & Throat Hospital, NewYork. Subsequently he has developed, refined and improved his skills in Vitreoretinal Surgery and Lasers through his wide experience in private practice over the last 10 years.
He has presented several lectures and courses to clinicians, ophthalmologists, students and the general public in several centers in India and abroad. He has won many awards over the years and has several research papers to his credit. A combination of Good Accredited Qualifications, Advanced Training at the best centers in Ophthalmology, Large Surgical experience and Dedication to Ethical Practice puts him in the category of one of the most qualified surgeons in his field.
- Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
- Diabetic Retinopathy Screening/ Treatment
- Phacoemulfication Cataract Surgery
- Retina Surgery and Lasik
- Lasers for Medical Retina
- Vertigo Treatment
- Refractive Laser Surgery
- Vitreoretinal Surgery
- Retina Examination
- Laser Refractive & Cataract Surgery
- MBBS - King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, 1984
- DOMS - College of physicians and Surgeons Mumbai, 1988
- MS - Ophthalmology - University of Mumbai, Mumbai, 1989
Awards and Recognitions :
- Awarded the Gold Medal for the Best Fellow for the year 1990-1991 at Sankara Nethralaya.
- Awarded the first rank amongst the successful candidates appearing for the M.S.(Ophthalmology)
- Judged the 2 nd best PG Paper presented at the Maharashtra Ophthalmological Association meeting.
- Awarded the Dr. D. M. Dastoor Prize for the highest number of marks in the D.O.M.S exam.
- Awarded the Dr. A. M. Gokhale Prize for standing first in the Ophthalmology Competitive exam.
- Awarded the Dr. Sohrab A. E. Hakim Memorial Prize for the competitive exam in Ophthalmology.
- Performed complex Vitreoretinal procedures for management of difficult cases.
- Specialized in treatment of Retinopathy of Prematurity in pre-term infants.
- Performed various Laser procedures using slit lamp, indirect, endolaser G-Probe with a) Argon/Green laser b) Diode laser and c) Nd:YAG laser.
- Competent in anterior posterior segment Photography, Fluorescein and Indocyanine Green Angiography.
- B scan Ultrasound exams for ophthalmic diagnosis.
- 55495 Maharashtra Medical Council, 1986
Trainings and Certifications :
- Retina Fellow at the Manhattan Eye, Ear Throat Hospital, NewYork, USA .
- Retina Fellow at Sankara Nethralaya, Medical Research Foundation, Chennai. Post graduate Medical Education
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537