Dr. Illa Madhusudhana Rao
Qualification: M.B, M.S, M.Ch, F.I.A.C.S.
Consultant at: Cardiac Surgeon at Asian Heart Institute
Experience: 16 Years
Dr. Illa Madhusudana Rao has over 12 years of experience in General Surgery and 15 years of experience in Cardiac Surgery. He completed his post-doctoral degree (M.Ch.) in Cardio-thoracic and Vascular Surgery from Osmania Medical College and finished his post-graduate degree (MS) in General Surgery from Gandhi Medical College, India. Dr. Rao has written and presented several academic papers on cardiac-related issues in various conferences. His field of interest includes Adult Cardiac Surgery with reference to Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery and Valvular Heart Disease, its surgical management by prosthetic replacement; Cardiac Transplantation; and Artificial Heart.
- He did his MBBS from Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal, AP in 1977 and
- MS General Surgery from Gandhi medical College, Hyderabad, AP in 1981.
- He had a brilliant academic career and topped General Surgey in Final MBBS exam.
Dr. Madhusudhana Rao brings to Asian heart his 16 yrs experience in Cardiac Surgery from some of the best institutes in India and abroad.
- In 1983, he joined as a Consultant General Surgeon, Shaheed Mohammdi Hospital, Bandar Abbas, Ministry of health, Iran.
- He worked for 9 nine yrs as a full time Consultant General Surgeon in Iran and in 1992 returned back to India to persue his passion - Cardiac Surgery.
- He did his M.Ch Cardio-Thoracic Surgery from Osmania Medical College / NIMS, Hyderabad in 1994. After completing his formal training in Cardio-Thoracic Surgery he worked in some of the premier Cardiac Surgery Centres in India and abroad.
- From 1994 to 1998 he worked as a Jr. Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at Medi Citi Hospital, Hyderabad; and from 1998 to 2004 as a Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at KIMS, Hyderabad.
- In July 2004, he joined Al Mafraq hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE as Specialist Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, the region's only Centre in Cardiac Surgery, which was awarded the coveted 'Shaik Hamdan Award'.
- Adult Cardiac Surgery with special reference to Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery, Valvular Heart Surgery and Surgery of the Aorta
- Indian Association of Cardiothoracic surgeons
- Asian Association of Cardiothoracic surgeons
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537