Dr. Manoj Virani
Qualification: MBBS, MS(G.Surg), MS(Neuro Surg.), FICS(USA)
Consultant at: Jaslok Hospital & Research Center, Mumbai
Experience: 40 Years
- Brain and Spine Neurosurgeon
- Hemifacial spasm
- Intractable Vrtigo
- Endoscopic Neurosurgery
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy
- Transoral Surgery Dislocation
- Diploma in Micro Surgery from: Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, U.K. 1978.
- First International Scholar and a Fellow in Micro-Neurosurgery at the Cleveland Clinic International Centre, U.S.A. in 1979.
- Expertise in Micro-Neurosurgery with Dr. Charles Wilson, University of California, San Francisco, U.S.A. in 1987.
- Microlumbar Disentomb and Percutaneous Lumbar Discectomy after attending the advanced course in Lumbar Disc Disease, organized by the Department of Neurosurgery of the Universities of Berlin and La Laguna held in Teneriffa, Spain in May, 1990.
- Diploma in Fellow of International College of Surgeons, Bangalore, India , 1993.
- First in India to perform MICROVASCULAR DECOMPRESSION of the V, VII, VIII cranial nerves in Trigeminal Neuralgia (severe Face Pain), Hemifacial Spasm (Face Twitching), Intractable Vertigo (Giddiness) & Ataxia (imbalance on walking).
- First in India to treat Malignant Hypertension (very high blood pressure not responding to any drug therapy) by doing Micro vascular Decompression (shifting vascular loop) of the left Medulla Oblongata.
- First in India to perform Video Endoscopic Neurosurgery in the brain, Endoscopic Guided Micro neurosurgery at the base of the skull and in the brain.
- First in India to perform Percutaneus Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy. Amongst the very few in India to perform MICROLUMBAR DISCECTOMY. First in India to conduct a workshop on OTOLOGY, SKULL BASE SURGERYANDNEUROENDOSCOPY at Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital, Bombay, December, 1993.
- The only Indian invited to the First Asian Congress of Stereotactic, Functional and Computer Assisted Neurosurgery and as a faculty member for the Neuroendoscopy Workshop held at Singapore General Hospital, Singapore, December 1994 and was conferred upon an award for scientific contribution in Endoscopic Neurosurgery.
- First Asian International Scholar and fellow member in Microneurosurgery - Clinic International Center, USA in 1979.
- Member - Neurosurgical Society of India
- M.S. Neurosurgery in 1975.
- Hon. Professor of Neurosurgery and the Head of Department at the Grant Medical College and J.J.Group of Hospitals in 1977.
- Teacher of the Bombay University in Neurosurgery from May ,1978.
- Dr. Virani has been associated with Jaslok hospital since 1995.
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537