Dr. Venkatesh S.
Qualification: MBBS, MD - Medicine, DM - Cardiology
Consultant at: Cardiologist, Interventional Cardiologist, Bangalore
Experience: 18+ Years
Dr. S Venkatesh is the Lead Interventional Cardiologist at Aster RV Hospital JP Nagar, Bengaluru. While Dr. Venkatesh is proficient in Coronary, Valvular, Peripheral & other interventional procedures in the Cardiac Cathlab, he is equally involved in preventive cardiology practice.
Qualifications & Previous Workplaces:
- After completing his MBBS from Dr. B R Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore in 1992, Dr. S Venkatesh went on to complete his 3-year MD in Internal Medicine from the prestigious PGIMER at Chandigarh where he was the batch topper & and won the First Order Medal. He completed his 3-year DM in Cardiology from PGIMER, Chandigarh in 2001.
- Formerly Dr. Venkatesh was the Unit Chief of Cardiology & Assistant Professor at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, where he successfully set up the in-house interventional cardiology program from the ground up.
- He subsequently worked in Wockhardt hospitals & later as Senior Interventional Cardiologist & Head, Department of Cardiology at Fortis Hospital Bannerghatta.
- Dr. S Venkatesh has nearly 15,000 diagnostic catheterizations and more than 3500 interventional procedures in the catheterization laboratory. He is proficient in diagnostic coronary, peripheral, cerebral & congenital catheterizations.
His areas of expertise are
- Coronary Interventions including Primary & Complex Coronary angioplasty such as Left Main Coronary artery, coronary bifurcations, chronic total occlusions, Rotablator-stenting and angioplasty to coronary bypass grafts, Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) & FFR supported angioplasty.
- Percutaneous Valve Replacement (TAVI/TMVR): Patients who require Aortic valve replacement surgery but are not fit for open heart surgery benefit from Percutaneous or Non-surgical valve replacement. Dr Venkatesh has successfully set up the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVI or TAVR) program in Aster RV hospital. He is credited with the first combined TAVI with Rota-stenting procedure in Karnataka state. He also performed the first valve-in-valve TAVI in Karnataka state and the second valve-in-valve Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement (TMVR) procedure in Bangalore city.
- Among valvular interventions, he has successfully performed percutaneous mitral, Aortic & pulmonary valvuloplasties. He has the credit for performing the First Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVI or TAVR) at Fortis Hospital Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore.
- Aortic Aneurysms & Dissections: Dr. S Venkatesh has performed numerous percutaneous and hybrid repairs of thoracic aortic aneurysms & dissections (TEVAR) and done Aortic Stent Grafting for Abdominal Aorta Aneurysms (EVAR for AAA). He is also proficient in peripheral interventions including Carotid, Renal, Subclavian, Pulmonary, Innominate, Iliac & Femoral artery angioplasty & stenting.
- He is an expert in handling pediatric diagnostic & interventional procedures and has accomplished various ASD & PDA device closures. Dr. S Venkatesh is experienced in implanting Single & Dual Chamber pacemakers, ICDs & Biventricular pacemakers.
- Dr. S Venkatesh is known for his passion for Preventive Cardiology. He is an expert in the medical management of Ischemic Heart disease, Congestive Heart Failure, Hypertension, Various cardiac issues in Diabetic & kidney patients.
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537