1) About ovaries cancer
In female reproductive system ovaries is one of the organs which produces egg i.e ovum which further helps to form an embryo. Ovaries are also responsible for producing hormones like oestrogen and progesterone which are responsible for feminine characters and also for the endothelial linings in uterus requires for an egg to fertilise. Now a days we are in contact with so many carcinogens leading to a life-threatening disease i.e. cancer. So lets know about the Ovarian Cancer in women.
2) How females are affected by ovarian cancer?
It is one of the commonest cancers in females. It contributes 15-20 percent of genital malignancies. It is fourth commonest cause of death in females caused due to cancer. It is even more common amongst nulliparous women (who has not given birth to a child). It may also be the cause of infertility. Obese women are more prone to cause ovarian cancer. It may also be genetic as some specific gene mutations like BRCA1 and BRCA2 are responsible to cause cancer. It is most likely to develop after menopause.
3) What are the early signs and symptoms that you can face?
Many a times ovarian cancer is not detected earlier as it may be asymptomatic. These are Some presenting complains but they are not specific-
- Sudden weight loss
- Pelvic pain
- Pain in abdomen with distended abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- Bloating after meals
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Vaginal bleeding
- Pedal oedema
- Disturbed menstrual cycle
- Increased frequency of micturition
4) Who are the Top 10 Ovarian Cancer Surgeons in India that help you?
The list of top 10 most renowned and world-famous Ovarian Cancer Surgeons in India are as follows-
GET THE BEST OVARIAN CANCER TREATMENT IN OUR WORLD CLASS HOSPITALS, OUR TOP DOCTORS ARE READY TO HELP YOU OUT FOR YOUR MEDICAL CARE
YOU CAN SEND YOUR REPORTS FOR FREE NO-OBLIGATION QUOTE
ON EMAIL- email@example.com
OR REACH OUT TO US ON PHONE NUMBER- +91-9371136499
5) What are the routine investigations done for diagnosis?
- Cytological examination may be required as it may show cancer cells.
- Tumour markers like CA 125 and CA 19.9.
- Computed tomography scanning
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- These imaging techniques will help to diagnose whether cancerous cells are having their impact on adjacent organs and tissue.
- Surgical procedure like laparotomy may also be required mostly in ovarian tumours.
6) How is the Treatment Process?
A gynecologist and oncologist both are involved in the treatment. The treatment usually involves combination of surgery and chemotherapy. The surgery can remove one ovary, or both the ovaries or sometimes both ovaries and the uterus for advanced cancer.
Chemotherapy is used to kill the cancer cells before the surgery. The targeted therapy will be used as medications that targets the specific cancer cells. Your doctor will decide which process is most suited according to your condition.
7) What I should ask my Surgeon?
- You shall confirm from your surgeon that only single ovary is being removed or both of them are getting removed.
- Ask whether your disease has been progressed to a metastatic stage
- You shall discuss about the duration of your hospital stay after surgery if required.
- Get an idea about the cycles of chemotherapy and radiation you will be undergoing.
- Confirm whether additional surgery may be required or no.
- Ask about the side effects of chemotherapy that shall be expected
- Confirm about the follow up sessions you will require post-surgery.
8) How should I care before and after the treatment?
As cancer is a life-threatening disease, it is always better for the patient to get a session of counselling done with the help of Counselors regarding their disease as it may help to overcome the phobia regarding the treatment. They should even talk about the side effects of the treatment with chemotherapy like severe hair loss, fatigue, nausea, decreased appetite, oral ulcers, constipation or diarrhea. They shall be motivated to do exercises and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
After the treatment of ovarian cancer, you need to visit regularly to your health care professional to decide the plan of treatment as he will be deciding the cycles of chemotherapy and radiations that will be required.
Also, regular scanning shall be done as per his opinion to prevent further spread of the disease and to detect earlier if metastasis is present in any other organs.
9) How long you will be required to stay in India for the course of treatment?
Post-surgical treatment plan should be discussed with your health care provider as your stay will depend on duration of course of your treatment options like chemotherapy and radiotherapy. And also, the routine imaging techniques required for follow up to prevent further progression of the disease. So, discuss with the doctor about the time period before and after the surgery.
10) How Forerunners Healthcare Group will help you?
Forerunner Healthcare is a medical tourism provider in India that is a network of top hospitals and the best surgeon around India, and they provide you with the facilities that includes-
- The world’s highest standards of clinical care and surgery
- Quick medical visa facilities
- Safe and comfortable accommodation
- Modernized medical infrastructure
- Trained and Experienced staff
- Fully Equipped Hospitals with Technologies and safety
- 24*7 Nursing Care
- Zero Waiting Time for Surgery
- Highly affordable treatment cost
GET THE BEST OF MEDICAL CARE WITH OUR DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL PACKAGES FOR SAFER OVARIAN CANCER TREATMENT