The laparoscopic surgery for obesity is for severely overweight people. This surgery includes use of a specialized telescope called a laparoscope for viewing the stomach. Hence the laparoscopic bariatric surgery for weight loss involves making smaller abdominal incisions.
Available Weight Loss Treatment
The following are the available weight loss treatments:
- Laparoscopic Gastric Banding or Lap-Band: To create a small pouch and narrow passage into the remainder of the stomach an inflatable band is placed around the upper stomach. This limits the food consumption and creates an earlier feeling of fullness. Once the band is placed it is inflated with saline. Over time the band is adjusted by increasing or decreasing the amount of salt solution for changing the size of the passage.
- Biliopancreatic Diversion or BPD: A large part of the stomach is removed and in addition to the stomach acid production, the amount of food is restricted. The small pouch remains connected directly to the final segment of the small intestine which completely bypasses the other parts of the small intestine. Weight loss occurs as most of the calories and nutrients are routed into the colon where they are not absorbed.
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass or RGB: The surgeon makes the stomach smaller using surgical staples to creating a small stomach pouch which is attached to the middle part of a small intestine. The food bypasses the upper part of the small intestine and stomach and goes into the middle part of the small intestine through a small opening. It bypasses the amount of food a person can take hence the amount of calories and nutrients absorbed by the body is reduced.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy: In this surgical weight loss procedure the stomach is reduced by 25 percent of its original size by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach following the major curve. Hence the patient feels full after a small intake of food. Then the open edges are attached together forming a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. This procedure is laparoscopically performed and it will permanently reduce the size of the stomach.
- Vertical Banded Gastroplasty or VBG: A restrictive gastric bypass surgery for weight loss surgery it is a major type of operation done for the treating severe obesity. It will severely restrict the patient’s capacity to eat certain foods. During this procedure, the bariatric surgeon uses sophisticated surgical staples to make a small stomach pouch which reduces the amount of food which the stomach can hold. Hence an obese person feels full sooner.
What are benefits to get treatment in India
The benefits of getting treatment in India include:
- Quality healthcare at world class hospitals in India that have credible accreditation obtained from the most prominent international organisations such as the Joint Commission International (JCI) and the International Organisation for Standardization (ISO), etc.
- A cost effective solution for weight loss since our well trained and experienced surgeons deliver best services for attractive packages without compromising the quality of treatment.
- Due to the growing trends in technology, it is now easy to avail the medical services in India.
- We also provide you with complete assistance so that you can make the most of the laparoscopic bariatric surgery for weight loss in India.
Where to Get Cheapest Treatment in India
You can get cheapest treatment in India via Forerunners Healthcare that has tied up with the top bariatric hospitals across the country. All you have to do is send us your query by filling up the free consultation form and we will provide you with personalized attention within your budget.
How to come to India for Weight Loss Treatment
Get assistance with Forerunners Healthcare Consultants to come to India for weight loss treatment. To book laparoscopic bariatric surgery for weight loss, call +91-9371136499 or send your query to email@example.com.