Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery in India
Plan Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery in India with Forerunners Healthcare Consultants
Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery in India is done at the internationally accredited hospitals in India with state of the art facilities that are well equipped and capable to handle the latest techniques and procedures. Forerunners Healthcare Consultants is a medical value provider in India having an association with several prominent surgeons, experts and hospitals with availability of the best treatment facilities and higher success rates. We help overseas patients access the facilities of best medical fraternity for robotic prostatectomy surgery in India.
How things function at Forerunners Healthcare Consultants?
- Excellent panel : Forerunners Healthcare Consultants works with only the best surgeons and doctors, a prerequisite in treating any medical condition home or abroad.
- Primary facilities : We assist patients in arranging medical visa, accommodation for the patient and family, meals, appointment with surgeon.
- Comfort : Our company ensures you remain stress-free from the moment you land in India, and all through the procedure, even after your surgery is performed.
- Professionalism : The benefit of Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery in India through the Forerunners Healthcare Consultants is that the team ensures utmost care to maintain ethics in meeting patient’s medical needs.
- Your Budget : Financial aspects affect medical treatments in a huge way. We offer low cost Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery at the top hospitals in the world within your budget.
- Other vital services : We also take care of quick visa letter, health diet as advised by your attending surgeon, to and fro airport travel, vacation tour, etc.
International Patient Experience
Robotic prostatectomy surgery is a robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. A radical prostatectomy is the complete removal of the prostate gland as well as some of the surrounding tissue. This surgery is performed to eradicate prostate cancer, a disease in which the cells of the prostate in the male reproductive system mutate and multiply uncontrollably.
Laparoscopy, in which the doctor inflates the abdomen and inserts a lighted viewing instrument into the lower abdomen, allows doctors to see inside the patient without making large incisions like in an open surgery. Using laparoscopy, a doctor may be able to avoid open surgery entirely, which can decrease the risks, recovery period and scarring involved with a more invasive surgery.
Who is the Candidate for Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery?
- Most men with localized prostate cancer are candidates for Robotic prostatectomy surgery.
- The ideal candidate for robotic prostatectomy is a younger man in good physical health with little co-morbidity, a small prostate, and a lower-grade, low-volume tumor.
- Generally, men with Gleason scores of 8, 9, or 10, and/or advanced stage T3-T4 disease would not be considered due to risk of cancer extension beyond the prostate.
What is the Success Rate of Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery?
Robotic prostatectomy surgery has the highest success rate among all prostate cancer treatment options. Success rates for a robotic prostatectomy can range from 30 - 98%. Studies have shown success rates between 76 to 98%. The experience of the surgeon performing the surgery is an important fact, i.e. surgeons have greater success and lower complications rates if they routinely perform the procedure.
How is the Preparation for Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery?
The medical staff will arrange a specific date for your Robotic prostatectomy surgery and go over other pertinent information. Usually surgeries are scheduled six to eight weeks after the prostate biopsy in order to allow time for the prostate to heal.
You are required to commence a bowel preparation 24 hours before your admission. Begin a clear liquid diet (no solid foods) 24 hours before the operation and take nothing by mouth after midnight the night before.
It is important to keep your fluid intake high in the 24 hours before surgery. It is very important that you do not eat 8 hours prior to your surgery, as during an anaesthetic there is a risk of vomiting and the stomach contents can enter your lungs.
You will see surgeon the week or so prior to the operation to ensure that all necessary investigations are up to date and that all important pre operative consultations and appropriate investigations have taken place.
The following things will be double checked: Blood and urine test results, x-ray results (CXR, CT scan and possibly bone scan and MRI of the prostate) and flexible cystoscopy results and that a physiotherapy and penile rehabilitation consultation have taken place.
What is Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery Procedure?
During the robotic prostatectomy procedure, a patient is placed under general anesthesia and positioned on his back. The surgeon makes six small incisions in the patient’s abdomen.
Hollow cylinders called ports are placed in the incisions, and an operating telescope, camera and surgical instruments are inserted through the ports and into the abdomen.
The robot is then positioned at the operating table, and the robotic arms and camera are connected to some of the ports.
The surgeon sits at a console a few feet away from the patient, controlling the robotic arms and camera. The surgeon views the surgical area through 3-D goggles, which provide fine details of the body structures
Once the prostate has been detached from surrounding structures and the urethra (urine tube) has been reattached to the bladder, the robotic arms are removed from the patient.
The incision near the navel is enlarged so the entire prostate gland can be removed at once. This is important so that a pathologist can accurately determine the stage of the cancer.
All of the instruments are removed, and a temporary urinary catheter and abdominal drain are left in place before the patient is awakened from anesthesia.
Phone Numbers Reach Us
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
How is the Recovery for Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery?
After Robotic prostatectomy surgery, recovery time is much shorter compared to that of traditional open prostatectomy or non-robotic laparoscopic prostatectomy. The overall recovery time from a prostate surgery varies from one man to the next; however, here are some typical recovery times of patients who have elected to have a Robotic prostatectomy surgery:
- Nearly all patients go home within 24-hours of surgery compared to a typical three day stay for traditional open prostatectomy
- Most patients are able to have their catheter removed within 4-7 days after surgery
- The majority of patients are back to normal daily activities within 1-2 weeks. Men with jobs that require heavy lifting will need to be on light duties for 4-6 weeks<
- Nearly all patients regain full bladder control within 1-3 months. Learn more about incontinence after prostate surgery
Walking and Kegel exercises are recommended to help speed up the recovery process. This regular but gentle form of exercise will strengthen the pelvic floor and also help improve continence, weight control and cardiovascular health.
What are the Benefits of Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery?
Benefits of Robotic Prostatectomy surgery include:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less pain
- Less risk of infection
- Less blood loss and transfusions
- Less scarring
- Faster recovery
- Improved and Early Return of Continence
- Improved Results Over Traditional Treatments
- Improved and Early Return of Sexual Function
- Quicker return to normal activities
What are the Risks of Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery?
While all precautions are taken to reduce the likelihood of complications, no surgical treatment is completely without risk. Robotic prostatectomy surgery risks include infection, urinary incontinence, port-site hernia and injury to adjacent organs.
What are the Alternatives to Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery?
There are many alternative to Robotic prostatectomy surgery. Some of the alternatives include:
- Open Surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Conventional TURP
- Bipolar TURP
- Laser Prostate Surgery
Why Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery in India?
India has become the healthcare hub for international patients as it provides with the latest in medical treatment facilities and best services making it easy and comfortable.
Extensive investments have been made to ensure that all medical centers are equipped with modern facilities; internationally accredited hospitals of India are capable of handling the latest techniques and procedures. These state-of-the-art facilities focus on what matters: more effective, efficient and pleasant solutions for patients.
India boasts volumes of its excellently maintained healthcare providers by stringent government controls on the policies for control of promotion and advertisement, thus not visible much in news papers, magazines and electronic media. But certainly as good as other regional healthcare providers like Singapore and Thailand.
The Indian government has made it easier for visitors seeking health treatments to enter the country. With the relevant letter from the medical centre at which you will be receiving your medical treatment, you may enjoy up to six months of visa extension.
You can go for Robotic prostatectomy surgery in India in following cities:
Patient Testimonial – Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery done in India for Mr. Jerome Whitefield from USA
Mr. Jerome Whitefield from USA
I truly have great respect for the doctor who treated me and the staff of Forerunners Healthcare who collaboratively comforted me during the visit to India for robotic prostatectomy surgery. Through my personal experience with the doctor and the team, I have realized that are all full of passion and fire within them striving to improve their measures and treatment plans despite of having years of knowledge and expertise in their respective fields. All I can say today is Thanks for being there for me with passion and care all through the time I needed you all.
What is the Cost of Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery in India?
- India's favorable exchange rate and the cost of healthcare services are at an extensively lower cost than that of other countries. If you're coming from a Western country such as the United States or Britain, medical procedures in India will generally cost a fraction of the price as compared to prices back home.
- Low cost is not the only criteria, patient looks for a quality output with low cost. India is proving to be much beneficial for such patients as the cost of the treatment is low without compromising the quality.
- The following chart shows the Cost difference of Robotic prostatectomy surgery in India and other developed countries for patient’s consideration.
How to Consult Forerunners Healthcare for Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery in India?
Forerunners Healthcare is a leading medical tourism service provider for Robotic prostatectomy surgery in India.
We are affiliated with reputed hospitals capable of offering specialized treatments, overseen by prominent and renowned medical teams. We provide treatment for a vast range of illnesses and surgery including Cardiac, Orthopedic, Paediatrics, Cosmetic Surgery, Ayurveda, and Interventional procedures.
Forerunners Healthcare specializes in providing affordable medical care and treatment packages to patients in the other countries. We improve lives by offering people, alternative options in healthcare treatment. Every client is given individual attention to every single minor detail and extensive efforts to ensure his/her satisfaction. We have our clients from USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Europe, Middle East etc.
To have a free consultation with Forerunners Healthcare Group regarding Robotic prostatectomy surgery in India, you just have to send us a query regarding your treatment and within 24 hours, a patient coordinator will contact you for further details and interaction.
From that point, that patient coordinator will take care of all your proceedings like arranging VISA, accommodation, appointment with the doctor with round the clock services to make your medical tour hassle free.
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are:
Our International Patient videos
Phone Numbers Reach Us
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
robotic prostatectomy surgery India, low cost robotic prostatectomy surgery India, low cost robotic prostatectomy, robotic prostatectomy surgery benefits India, robotic prostatectomy benefits, robotic prostatectomy candidate India, robotic prostatectomy surgery procedure India, recovery alternative