HIFU For Prostate Cancer Treatment in India
Plan your HIFU For Prostate Cancer Treatment in India with Forerunners Healthcare Consultants
HIFU is a ground-breaking technology to treat Prostate cancer. The treatment makes use of latest technological infrastructure to pass radiations on the tumor to destroy it. Forerunners Healthcare Consultants in India help overseas patients find the right medical facilities for treating the cancer.
How things function at Forerunners Healthcare Consultants
- Only the best: Forerunners Healthcare Consultants works with only the best surgeons and doctors, a prerequisite in treating any medical condition home or abroad.
- Primary care: We assist patients in arranging medical visa, accommodation for the patient and family, meals, appointment with surgeon.
- Budget-efficient: Financial aspects affect medical treatments in a huge way, and our budget friendly packages at the best hospitals for HIFU prostate cancer treatment in India is within your budget.
- Professionalism : The benefit of HIFU for Prostate Cancer Treatment in India through the Forerunners Healthcare Consultants is that the team ensures utmost care to maintain ethics in meeting patient’s medical needs.
- Our other services: We also take care of quick visa letter, health diet as advised by your attending surgeon, to and fro airport travel, vacation tour, etc.
International Patient Experience
Mr. Ben Okoro, Nigeria
Prostate-n-Bladder Cancer Surgery
I am Ben Okoro from Nigeria. I was suffering from Prostate cancer and needed urgent treatment. While looking for options, I found about Forerunners Healthcare Consultants detailed them about my condition. After an easy procedure, I was in Bangalore, India, where I received premium surgery that I could never have got in Nigeria. All thanks to Forerunners Healthcare team and the brilliant doctors.
What is HIFU?
HIFU prostate cancer treatment is one of the most rapidly growing treatment methods around the world. HIFU stands for High Intensity Focused Ultrasound. The advantage of using HIFU prostate cancer treatment is that it is very precise and does not come with side effects like with traditional surgery procedures. In this treatment method, high intensity ultrasound waves are used to destroy the cancer cells.
How does HIFU treat Prostate Cancer?
AHIFU heats and destroys cancer cells in the prostate. Pulses of ultrasound waves travel through the wall of the back passage (rectum) into the prostate gland and are focused onto a small area. This ultrasound energy causes the prostate cells to heat up. This heat destroys normal prostate cells and cancer cells. The surgeon is able to focus the treatment on the prostate gland and avoid damaging other nearby organs.
Who is the Candidate for HIFU for Prostate Cancer Treatment?
Candidates suitable for HIFU for prostate cancer treatment are:
- Patients who have localized prostate cancer disease and can tolerate anesthesia
- Patients who do not want to partake in watchful waiting of their prostate cancer disease
- Patients that have studied and understood their treatment options for prostate cancer and have elected NOT to undergo surgery,radiation or cryoablation
Patients who need retreatment for prostate cancer recurrences after:
- Proton beam
What is the Success Rate of HIFU for Treatment of Prostate Cancer?
Over 90% of patients undergoing HIFU therapy will not require further treatment for their prostate cancer. In those developing a recurrence, they remain candidates for surgery, radiation or hormone therapy. HIFU treatment has a similar success rate to radical prostatectomy but has the major advantage of using non-invasive technology.
Best Hospitals HIFU for Prostate Cancer Treatment in India
The best hospitals HIFU for prostate cancer treatment in India are well equipped with the most advanced diagnostic equipments. Our associated hospitals are located at Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Bangalore, Noida, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Kerala.
How is the Preparation for HIFU for Prostate Cancer Treatment?
- On the day before the procedure you will have to take a bowel preparation at home. You may have a light breakfast and then continue with fluids for the rest of the day. You are allowed to drink water until 2 hours before admission.
- You will be admitted to hospital on the morning of the HIFU. You will be given an enema on admission and any necessary blood tests, ECG or x-rays will be undertaken.
- Your consultant will usually see you before you go to theatre and ask you to sign informed consent. You will be seen by the anesthetist.
What is HIFU Procedure for Prostate Cancer Treatment?
Following steps are included in HIFU procedure for Prostate cancer Treatment:
- Since it is necessary that all your movement be minimized during the treatment, spinal anesthesia is administered as well as intravenous sedation so you will rest comfortably during the procedure.
- The treatment may last anywhere from 2 to 3 hours depending on the size of your prostate. The treatment is performed with you lying on your right-hand side.
- The urologist inserts a small probe into the rectum after coating it with gel and placing it inside a latex balloon filled with a cooling liquid. This maintains a constant temperature in the rectal wall during the entire treatment.
- The urologist locates the limits of the prostate by ultrasound examination and outlines the zone he wishes to treat. Then 400 to 600 pulses of high-intensity focused ultrasound are administered to the prostate. As a result of the treatment the prostate swells immediately and compresses the urethra. For this reason, a temporary catheter is inserted into the bladder to drain urine until the swelling of the prostate goes down. Generally, the catheter will be required to stay in place for 14 days.
- If you have an enlarged prostate with symptoms or signs of prostatic obstruction (i.e. weak urinary stream, frequent urination at night, or sensation of residual urine volume in the bladder), you may need to have the prostate reduced prior to treatment. This is usually done by the use of medication (cyto-reduction) or by having part of your prostate resected prior to having the treatment. This procedure is called a transurethral resection of the prostate (TUR-P).
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
How is the Recovery after HIFU Procedure for Prostate Cancer Treatment?
Immediately after HIFU procedure for the treatment of prostate cancer there is a one to two hour recovery period at the hospitals and then you are discharged. Recovery is minimal. A suprapubic tube is inserted during the procedure that is usually worn for two to five weeks. People usually are up and walking around within hours after HIFU and can return to a normal lifestyle within a couple of days. Some HIFU patients experience frequency, urgency, mild discomfort or discharge in urinary stream. During your recovery time at home, a staff member is always available to guide you with any questions.
What are the Advantages of HIFU for Prostate Cancer Treatment?
HIFU is now widely available as an alternative treatment option for prostate cancer and presents the following advantages:
- Around 90% of men are successfully treated.
- No incision, therefore avoiding the risk of a surgical site infection.
- Usually a day case.
- It aims to preserve the vital structures around the gland therefore preserving continence, erectile and orgasmic function.
- The procedure can be repeated if necessary.
- Radiation therapy and surgery are still options if the procedure fails.
- Over 99% of men remain continen.
- Around 70% men retain erectile function with Full HIFU and 95% men with Focal HIFU
What are the Risks of HIFU?
The risks associated with HIFU in the treatment of prostate cancer are very less in comparison with the other procedures and is rare which include following:
- 20-30% of patients may experience difficulty in voiding urine and may require the catheter for an extra week, failing which they would require a cystoscopy as a day procedure to clear the dead tissue from the prostate. Our own studies on HIFU treated patients showed no overall increase in urinary symptoms up to 12 months after treatment.
- A small number of patients may experience mild redness or swelling around the scrotum and penile skin that resolves within a week.
- 7% patients experience mild rectal symptoms such as bleeding, loose stools or mucus in stools that resolves within a week.
What is the Alternative of HIFU in treating Prostate Cancer?
Following are the alternative procedures of HIFU for the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Active Surveillance
- Hormone therapy
- Radical Prostatectomy
Why plan HIFU for Prostate Cancer Treatment in India with Forerunners Healthcare?
There are many reasons considering HIFU procedure in India for the treatment of prostate cancer and some of them include:
- India has established itself as king of the castle when it comes to international medical tourism. The affordable prices combined with high levels of quality care in a country rich in culture, natural beauty and amazing food all combine to make India the first choice for many seeking medical treatment abroad. In fact, India is one of the world’s preferred destinations for all types of medical treatment procedures.
- India is among the world's top 5 medical tourism destinations which present the most attractive opportunities for medical tourists and foreign investors alike, according to Nuwire Investors, an online source for news related to real estate investment and other investment opportunities. These markets were selected based on quality and affordability of medical care as well as receptiveness to foreign investment. Based on these criteria, Malaysia was ranked third.
- One of the great advantages of receiving medical treatment in India is the ease with which appointments for treatment can be arranged. Indian hospitals have numerous operating theaters and enough qualified surgeons that there is little, if any, waiting for scheduling even the most complex and invasive procedures.
HIFU for the treatment of prostate cancer treatment in India is available in following cities:
What is the Cost of HIFU for Prostate Cancer Treatment in India?
- India offers a low cost HIFU for prostate cancer treatment for international patients.
- India's favorable exchange rate and the cost of healthcare services are at an extensively lower cost than that of other countries. If you're coming from a Western country such as the United States or Britain, medical procedures in India will generally cost a fraction of the price as compared to prices back home.
- Prices in India are reasonable and affordable, be it accommodation, food or even shopping.
- From comfortable and affordable hotels to five-star accommodations, India provides you with a choice to budget or splurge. Following chart indicates the cost difference of HIFU for prostate cancer treatment in India and other countries.
HIFU for Prostate Cancer Treatment in India- Plan with Forerunners Healthcare.
Forerunners Healthcare offers comprehensive services to international patients for getting done HIFU for prostate cancer treatment in India at low cost. Patient just has to send a detailed query regarding prostate cancer treatment in India and one of the patient coordinators will contact you within 24 hrs and will resolve all your queries related to the surgery and getting it done in India. All arrangements like travelling, accommodation, VISA and appointment with the doctor will be arranged to make your medical tour hassle free.
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are:
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
- Is it safe to get HIFU for Prostate Cancer Treatment in India?
- Patient safety is the top priority of any treatment in India. India has established itself as the Mecca of international medical tourism. The affordable prices and high quality care make India the first choice for many seeking medical treatment abroad.
- How to get best HIFU for Prostate Cancer Treatment in India?
- There are many experts using HIFU for Prostate Cancer Treatment in India. Finding one is difficult. Mail us your medical report and we will find the right treatment most suitable for you.
- Can HIFU treatment affect bladder control?
- Around 20-30 % patients experience difficulty in urinating and may require the catheter for an extra week. Conditions vary from person to person. Visit our webpage for detailed information.
- How can i get more information on Prostate Cancer Surgery in India?
- For detailed information on best Prostate cancer Surgery in India, visit //www.forerunnershealthcare.com/prostate-cancer-surgery-India-low-cost-advantages.html
- Is it painful to have the catheter removed after HIFU treatment?
- Removal of catheter may cause slight discomfort, but it is not painful. Visit link to read more www.forerunnershealthcare.com/prostate-cancer-surgery-India-low-cost-advantages.html
#HifuProstateCancerTreatmentIndia, #CostHifuProstateCancerTreatmentIndia, low cost hifu prostate cancer treatment India, hifu prostate cancer treatment advantages India, hifu prostate cancer risks, hifu prostate cancer candidates, hifu prostate cancer success rate, hifu prostate cancer treatment preparations